Saturday, July 02, 2005

Canada Day 2005: You Sucked!

Decided to take the kids to the community Canada Day party in Kanata. When we arrived in the afternoon we could see that a thunderstorm was fast approaching so we waited it out by the car and it paid off. After about 15 minutes it passed and we were able to park really close to the festivities because so many people had left when the rain came.

So the kids got to go on a few lame rides before it rained again. This time only for a few minutes, but my wife had packed everyone's rain coats except for mine, so I got a little wet. We decided to come home for a couple of hours and then head back for the fireworks.

We went back at around 9:30pm and caught the tail end of the Glass Tiger performance... at least we presumed it would be the tail end. By 10:30 they still hadn't stopped playing and both of the kids were out cold so we decided to leave. I'm assuming it was too windy, but we could see the Stittsville fireworks and the Andrew Hayden Park fireworks on the way home. It was funny because just before we left the crowd started chanting for the fireworks but Glass Tiger wouldn't have anything to do with that.

Then I decided to check TSN to see what I missed by not going to the Renegades game (I have a season pass and couldn't give the tickets away!). Turns out they made a 23 point comeback in the 4th quarter and then won it in double overtime. Unbelievable!!! I know I just missed the best game of the year. Again... who schedules a game at 6pm on Canada Day?!?!?!

1 Comments:

At Sat Jul 02, 12:53:00 a.m. EDT, Blogger Jon Ciarlo said...

I almost forgot to mention... I saw Glass Tiger in concert when I was in high school in Cornwall. We almost made them leave the stage by pelting them with change. We should have tried that on Canada Day!!! At least they sounded good. One of the bands that played in the afternoon was absolutely horrible. The worst Michael Jackson tribute I've ever heard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home