Wednesday, June 15, 2005

OC Transpo Sucks!

It takes me an hour and a half to travel 12 kilometres using OC Transpo! I went to their website and expected it to tell me to take the local 160 from my place to Centrum plaza and then take the 118 to work in Bell's Corners. Apparently the faster way is to take the 60 Express bus downtown and get off at the Queensway stop and then transfer to 179 which comes back towards Kanata through Bell's corners. That trip is supposed to take 50 minutes.

I've tried what they suggested for the past 2 days and each time I missed connecting with the 179 by 1 or 2 minutes because of the traffic on the highway. We need a bus lane from Kanata to the Queensway stop... just like the one they have coming in from Orleans.

And just to piss me off even more... today I didn't wait to see if I had missed the 179, I just assumed I did. So I got on the next bus that took me to Baseline station so I might catch an earlier 118 then the previous day. I arrived just in time to watch it pull away and had to wait 20 minutes for the next one.

Geez, I wish I could take my car to work... it's only a 15 minute drive! Apparently 3 hours of bussing on my part is ok as long as my wife can go to Walmart in the morning :)

I'm going to try biking in... sometime soon.

I wish there was a way to pull my share of taxes out of public transportation. It sucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home