Thursday, March 31, 2005

OCVL UNSportsman of the year 2005

This week was the last game of the regular season. Our team was firmly locked in as team 2 of pool B for the playoffs. The game was essentially meaningless to us.

Unfortunately we were playing Wolfpack. We haven't had the greatest track record against this team, but they are not nearly as strong as they were last year.

Anyways... to the point of my story, there's a guy on the team (I don't know his name but he wears glasses) who made the most UNsportsmanlike comment I have ever heard in over 10 years of playing in the OCVL. After watching our female setter tip a ball over the net right in front of his face he was upset with the referee for not calling her back court. Although she did technically jump to hit the ball she was nowhere near being higher than the net.

This being the 8th call that he was whinning about he uttered this beautiful gem:
"Next time I'll crush the ball as hard as I can and break her fingers."

Beauty!

He should have been carded on the spot for that, but I guess the ref didnn't hear him. Let's just hope this guy doesn't work at the post office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home